Every adventurer is only as good at the tools he brings on his journey. Below you will find the contents of any bag I have with me while I travel about.
- Important Papers – Passport, ID, medical cards, emergency contacts
- First Aid Kit – Never know when an emergency will come up
- Satellite Phone – Always try to have a way to contact help
- Fire-starters – A must have for outdoor adventures
- Nutrition Bars – In case you can’t make it back to civilization before dinner
- Cord – Never know when you will need some steady cord to get out of a jam
- Poncho – To keep the rain off or build a shelter
- Duct Tape – You think I am kidding, but it’s very useful on many things
- Toiletries – Deodorant, body wash, toothbrush and toothpaste etc.
- Clothing – Pack for where you are going, always bring extra socks
- Water Bottle – Preferably one that has a filter built into it
- Hypothermia Blanket – Very small to add to your pack, can save your life in the cold
I add many other things depending on what adventure I am taking. Many factors dictate what all I will include in my traveling pack including the location of where I am going and if I am traveling alone or in a group. Remember it is better to be safe than to be sorry so spend a lot of time planning and thinking about your supplies for any adventure.